Subject: Re: Visit request from Taiwan delegation (Estonia Ministry of Economic Affairs and Communications)
From: "Justin Wang" <[email-masked]>
To: Indrek Õnnik
Cc: "Kristi Hunt", "Laura Laaster", "Rauna Paula Runnel", "info - MKM" <[email-masked]>,田宜加 <[email-masked]>, "EVA CHANG" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 9 Jul 2024 05:18:42 +0300

Dear Indrek,

Thank you for the email and response.
I have actually reached out to Ms. Kristi Klaas, requesting for a visit as 
well.
But I am still waiting for her response.

I understand there has been some restructuring in Estonia’s government, but 
if possible we would still like to visit your ministry and learn about your 
digital transformation, particularly your efforts and accomplishment.
I believe your experience can greatly benefit our officials to help promote 
Taiwan’s digital transformation.

We hope to have the honor of visiting your ministry.
Thank you very much.

Best regards,

Justin

On Jul 2, 2024, at 08:22, Indrek Õnnik - MKM <[email-masked]> wrote:

Dear Mr Wang

We are delighted to hear about your interest towards the Republic of Estonia 
and the efforts we are putting towards the green transition in combination 
with digital transition as well as the Green Digital Analysis you have come 
across in your research. However, it is relevant to mention that since past 
summer there has been significant restructuring in the public sector and 
government in Estonia as well as the domains various ministries are 
responsible for and it might be best to discuss the suggested topics with 
the Ministry of Climate. Perhaps with Ms Kristi Klaas, the Deputy Secretary 
General for Green Transition at the Ministry of Climate. The Ministry of 
Economic Affairs and Communications is responsible for the overarching 
digital policies in Estonia, however given the nature of your specific 
request, it appears that those topics are attended at the Ministry of 
Climate.

Kind regards
Indrek

--------------------------------------------------------------

Indrek Õnnik

Global Affairs Director | Government CIO Office
Ministry of Economic Affairs and Communications
Republic of Estonia

 <mailto:[email-masked]> [email-masked]
mobile +37258191203
LinkedIn: indrekonnik

From: Justin Wang <[email-masked]>
Sent: Thursday, June 27, 2024 4:54 AM
To: Kristi Hunt - MKM <[email-masked]>
Cc: Indrek Õnnik - MKM <[email-masked]>; Laura Laaster - MKM 
<[email-masked]>; Rauna Paula Runnel - MKM <[email-masked]>; 
info - MKM <[email-masked]>; 田宜加 <[email-masked]>; EVA CHANG 
<[email-masked]>
Subject: Visit request from Taiwan delegation (Estonia Ministry of Economic 
Affairs and Communications)

Dear Ms. Hunt,

My name is Justin Wang with the Chung-Hua Institution for Economic Research 
in Taiwan.
My institution is currently assisting the Taiwan government in organizing a 
visit to Tallinn, Estonia.
The purpose of the visit is to learn about Estonia’s approach and 
implementation on green transition, and apply learned knowledge into 
formulating Taiwan’s policy and framework.

In recent years, Estonia has become the leading country in digital 
transition, and a model example for Taiwan as well.
But we are also very keen to learn about how Estonia deal with green 
transition in combination with the digital transition.
I believe there is a term coined “twin transition” to specifically address 
this topic.
During my research, I came across the ministry’s program of Green Digital 
Analysis where you conducted a research on how to reduce environmental 
footprint of ICT in public sector.
This is a very interesting topic and I think the ministry’s effort and 
accomplishment can be of great benefit to Taiwan.

Would it be possible for the delegation to visit the Ministry of Economic 
Affairs and Communications and learn about the Ministry’s policy and 
approach towards “twin transition?”
The delegation will consist of about 45 high-level senior officials from 
various central and local government agencies in Taiwan.
We are planning to visit Estonia in the first week of September, from 
9/2-9/3.
It would be an honor for the delegation to visit your esteemed ministry.
Please kindly let me know if a visit is possible, and we can discuss the 
date more in detail.

Thank you, and I look forward to hear from you.

Best regards,

Justin Wang

Associate Researcher
Chung-Hua Institution for Economic Research
The Center for Green Economy
No. 75 Chang-Hsing Street
Daan District, Taipei, Taiwan 106
http://www.ciercge.org.tw/
Tel: +886 2-2735-6006 ext 5361
Fax: +886 2-2739-0610
Email: [email-masked] <mailto:[email-masked]>